C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, March 6, 2017

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: The Manchurian Candidate


Steve reviews the frightening and very timely political thriller - your Head Trucker has never seen it, but intends to soon:
Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey, Janet Leigh and Angela Lansbury in an Oscar nominated role, bring one of the greatest political thrillers to the screen in John Frankenheimer’s legendary “The Manchurian Candidate” (1962). The suspense builds to a chilling climax as a group of soldiers, rescued from the Communists, gradually realize that something has been done to their brains and they are being used in a plot to overthrow the government. You will be on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.



Catch more fabulous movie reviews at Steve's YouTube channel.


In Memoriam, 9:25 p.m.: I've just learned that the delightful Robert Osborne, expert host of Turner Classic Movies since its inception in 1994, died at home today, as his longtime partner, David Staller, told the press. Osborne was a wonderful, witty raconteur whose comforting presence and urbane introductions must have piqued the interest of millions in the classic films of Hollywood. The world is a little darker, a little less gay, for his passing.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails